Prison Information

Address Phone Visitation Hours
2019 Wisconsin St.
Sturtevant, WI 53177
262-886-3214 No Hours Given

Although RCI officially opened its doors on May 6, 1991, part of the facility was the former St. Bonaventure Prep School. St. Bonaventure was founded in 1901 in Pulaski. Originally, the school's goal was to prepare Polish youth for priesthood. The Franciscans who ran the school wanted a location to draw students from the larger Polish populations of Milwaukee and Chicago. In 1921, they moved to Sturtevant. As the years passed and interest in priesthood decreased, the school's focus changed to preparing young men for college. In 1982, money difficulties forced the school to close after graduation the following year. In 1983, the school closed and eventually was converted into the RCI.